Rime usually means cold.
It's safe to assume that today's ice climb is going to be a cold one when rime covers all the trees at the trailhead, so reach for the Mammut Men's Rime Pro Hooded Insulated Jacket for warmth on the climb. This lightweight jacket has that special touch of warmth needed when you're working hard to reach the anchors, with more Primaloft Silver insulation in the body than the sleeves for body-mapped warmth.
The Rime Pro's shell is comprised of Pertex's Microlight and Endurance fabrics for a balance of rugged breathability, reliable weather-resistance, and a feather-like weight. Mammut designed this jacket with a regular fit and preformed elbows to ensure mobility on the climb, and you can still layer larger insulators over this jacket for belays, despite the jacket's wider cut.
- Synthetic insulated jacket for climbing ice, mixed, or alpine
- Breathable, weather-resistant Pertex Microlight and Endurance shell
- Body-mapped Primaloft Silver insulation ensures lightweight warmth
- Regular fit with wider cut and preformed elbows for mobility
- Adjustable cuffs and helmet-compatible hood assure a secure fit
- Two-way front zip accommodates belays
- Item #MAM00N1
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: XL
- Height: 6'4"
- Weight: 215lbs
I am 6' 4
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 175lbs
This jacket is warm, very comfortable, lightweight, and fits great. Not too tight, not too loose. I like that the sleeves are nice and long which allows you to reach straight up without the jacket riding up. The only minor downfall is that due to the double zipper, it is a little awkward to get undone. I bought this thing on impulse because it went on sale, and i'm very glad i did!
Puts up with a beating
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I was looking for a mid weight insulated jacket where weight and packing was not the biggest priority, although, the difference between down and primaloft now days seems to be minimal in that respect. Super nice fit, sufficient amount of pockets, awesome hood. For me I feel like I have to be less "careful" with a synthetic insulated jacket, and this jacket really past the test.