Select style & size:Select options
Probe 320 Fast Lock
The Mammut Probe 320 Fast Lock is here for mountain guides and aspiring backcountry skiers of all stripes. The generous 320-centimeter length means you can better detect deeply buried victims, or take measurements in deep snowpack, while the 45-centimeter collapsed length allows this probe to fit easily into most ski-touring packs. Since time is of the essence in a backcountry emergency, Mammut used its Fast Lock deploy system to help you save time when it really counts, and the 13mm diameter aluminum shaft is plenty durable to handle even the stiffest of avalanche debris.
- Reliable probe for backcountry travel
- Long length helps you detect deeply buried victims
- Fast Lock system makes deployment fast and efficient
- Durable tensioning cord keeps probe stable and easy to operate
- Probe cover with emergency plan included
- Item #MAM017Y
- Q & A
Locking mechanism needs improvement
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Mammut stuff is usually good to go, but this probe needs improvement. Half the time the locking mechanism on the rear end doesn't engage right, leaving the segments loose (or will pull apart). When it's time to break it down, the locking mechanism again is extraordinarily hard to disengage. I bought an Ortovox probe and it's 100% good to go.