Select style & size:Select options
Figure out how to use a rope.
You have big plans for big mountains in the far future, but you have to learn how to actually climb before you start bagging peaks, so grab Mammut's Ophir Harness and climbing shoes before you head to the gym for your first climbing class. Mammut's revolutionary two-part webbing technology adds comfortable support without increasing weight or decreasing strength. Mammut fixed a secure Slide Bloc buckle at the waist for an easy fit, and the patented tie-in protector keeps the tie-in loops in great shape.
- Mammut's introductory harness for gym and sport climbing
- Two-part webbing technology enhances comfort and support
- Slide Bloc buckle at waist for a secure fit
- Patented tie-in protector for long-lasting durability
- Item #MAM00SV
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
I bought this for my boyfriend as a gift so that he'd be equipped and comfy on our climbing adventures. Lightweight, durable, and looks good. So far, so great! He loves the easy adjust waist and the comfort of the leg loops. It's a great price for a solid harness!
What more do you need?..Nothing!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
The Ophir is a great harness. I personally have never been on a climb where i thought if only my harness was lighter weight it would have made any difference, and I am not sure if anyone really has. If you are looking for a good all around harness that fits a budget or you just don't want to spend more than you actually need to, look no further.