Light on your back, hard on the weather.
The forecast shows nothing but sun during your alpine trip, but you know better. There's always some rogue cloud that'll pour showers of you for a little bit at least, and it's not like the Mammut Men's Nordwand Light HS Hooded Jacket take up much space in your pack anyway. It packs in a stow bag that Mammut included in the chest pocket, and it weighs less than a half a pound, so there's really no reason to leave it behind whenever you're mountaineering or trekking. Its Gore-Tex Active membrane has better waterproof ratings than most ski jackets, so you know it can handle snow, rain, and brisk breezes. Gore-Tex Active is also exceptionally breathable to ensure comfort when you're working up a sweat on the climb, and Mammut's Vertical Motion and High Reach technologies equip this jacket with climbing-oriented gussets to ensure freedom of movement on the mountain.
- Lightweight shell optimized for mountaineering and alpine climbing
- Gore-Tex Active is reliably waterproof and extremely breathable
- Vertical Motion and High Reach ensure freedom of movement
- Adjustments at hem and helmet-compatible hood secure coverage
- Backpack-compatible chest pocket with stow bag for jacket inside
- Item #MAM00XU
[membrane/laminate] Gore-Tex Active (3-layer) [face fabric] 100% nylon
fully taped, Gore Seam (8mm)
athletic, Vertical Motion Technology, High Reach Technology
1 zippered chest
mountaineering, trad climbing