Why We Like The Nordwand HS Thermo Hooded Jacket
When we're prepping for a big mountain trip to Alaska, we're going to want something more than just our usual shell. Since winter expeditions usually benefit from extra padding, we make sure to bring the Mammut Nordwand HS Thermo Hooded Jacket. This jacket adopts the same revolutionary cut and Vertical Motion Construction as the Nordwand Pro HS but adds a healthy dose of insulated warmth for frigid winter temps.
- Technical insulated hardshell jacket for mountaineering and touring
- GORE-TEX protection guarantees waterproof, breathable performance
- Body-mapped insulation provides warm winter protection
- High Reach Technology means no climbing move is off-limits
- Drawstring hem and hood keep out the winter winds
- Stash your gloves in the interior drop spots to keep them warm
- Incorporated with reflective technology on the back for safe trips
- Regular fit provides additional layering options
- Item #MAMU56A
- [membrane/laminate] GORE-TEX (2-layer), [face fabric] 100% nylon, [lining] 100% nylon
- 100% polyester
- Waterproof Rating
- fully sealed
- Center Back Length
- [large] 31in
- fixed, adjustable
- [external] 2 zippered front, 1 zippered chest, [internal] 1 zippered chest, 2 mesh drop-in
- underarm zips
- Powder Skirt
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 9.6oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
- skiing, snowboarding, mountaineering, touring
What do you think about this product?
November 30, 2020
not as good as the old one
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 6` 0"
- 170 lbs
I got this to replace the older version of the Nordwand Thermo from around four years ago. The previous one was $550, at $300 more, no way is it better, this one has pit zips but they don't work that well. The new fabric is stiffer and way crunchy and noisy. I used it on a cold day and it was so stiff. Old one fit better was warmer and stretchy. Disappointed for the high cost of this. Not sure what happened to Mammut but their stuff is not what it used to be IMHO.
January 7, 2021
Could not have said it better!! I have been wearing Mammut stuff for years...the whole line up. I'll second your point: The whole Nordwand line is definitely not what it used to be and hugely overpriced!! Really disappointing - I have been sending everything back this year.
January 12, 2021
I have the old one too and was looking at this version. The old one is not gore-tex (polartec nano I think) but fits nice. The “new” fit of mammut is horrible. I’m a medium in everything and in the “new” mammut sizing I could be a large but sleeves are too long.