Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other Men's Ski Jackets we have in stock.View Similar Products
A little extra goes a long way.
Big mountain trips to Alaska mean you're going to want something more than your usual shell. Winter expeditions to the far north could do with some extra padding, so bring the Men's Mammut Nordwand HS Thermo Hooded Jacket. This jacket adopts the same revolutionary cut and Vertical Motion Construction as the Nordwand Pro HS but adds on a dollop of hot sauce. This softshell keeps up with the performance of a hardshell—it's waterproof and breathable with all the mobility a harness-bearing mountaineer would require—but does so with frigid days in mind.
Don't start assuming this extra insulation adds too much bulk. Mammut mobility technology allows you to wrangle your way up technical features and 4-way stretch incorporated into the Primaloft provides an additional agility boost. Plenty of other details lend a helping hand to your busy ones. If you get hungry on the route up you can still reach the snacks in your pockets, and the hood and hem cinch up to block out cold wind and snow.
- Technical insulated soft shell for mountaineering and touring
- Pertex Pro offers full-sealed seams and waterproof breathability
- Body-mapped insulation provides performance level winter protection
- Vertical Motion and High Reach Technology for mobile performance
- Drawstring hem and hood keep out the winter winds
- Stash your gloves in the interior drop spots to keep them warm
- Incorporated with reflective technology on the back for safe trips
- Regular fit provides additional layering options
- Item #MAM00VK
- Q & A
Two duds in a row. Beware the hood!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs small
I had two of these in a period of about three weeks. The shock cord pulled out of both the hoods (non repairable) with extreme ease. Backcountry.com took great care of me, but Mammut USA seemed pretty disinterested. It was comfortable and checked all the boxes, unfortunately they kept falling apart. It was a bummer, to say the least.