Nordwand HS Flex Hooded Jacket
- Performance hardshell made for ice climbing and mountaineering
- Gore-Tex 3-layer construction is waterproof, breathable, and light
- Gore-Tex Stretch underarms allow freedom of movement on the climb
- Vertical Motion Construction is articulated specifically for alpine
- High Reach Technology keeps hem underneath harnesses at all times
- Single Pull-Hood is storm-proof and helmet-compatible
- Gusseted collar with laser-cut ventilation openings
- High Visibility Backer Technology for high visibility in high altitudes
- Item #MAM017L
What do you think about this product?
February 8, 2020
This jacket has a trim fit, like the flex pants. There is room for a base and a mid layer - as you would expect for alpine climbing and hiking, but you won't easily wear much more than that underneath. Despite the trim fit, there is no binding or lifting when you move your arms around. I liked all the features, the material, and the clean design of this jacket, with one exception: the hood. It has a single elastic drawcord that cinches at the back. There is indeed room for a helmet, so much so that without a helmet on and try as I might, I could not find a way to properly adjust the hood, and the visor kept falling down over my eyes. This was a deal breaker for me, and I returned the jacket. Too bad. It really is a nice jacket.
October 6, 2018
Where Is The Jacket??
This jacket really surprised me! It felt like I was putting on some futuristic gear, it is such a cool jacket. When you slip on the jacket, you don't notice the jacket is on you because of how lightweight and flexible it is. It definitely sits close to the skin, but it feels like it's a part of you. The jacket moves where you move. The bi-elastic GORE-TEX under the arms and around the back has such great mobility. I do say there might be a day or two for a break-in period for that material to form to you and the zippers to slide with ease. Though hardly a complaint, this jacket is seriously amazing!