Masao Light HS Hooded Jacket
- Mountaineering must-have shell for functional protection
- Waterproof, windproof construction defends against the elements
- Regular fit is tailored towards more athletic endeavors
- Pre-shaped sleeves help promote freedom of movement
- Underarm vents dump internal heat and moisture quickly
- Helmet-compatible hood is adjusted with a single pull
- Pockets are harness-compatible and fully waterproof
- Item #MAM00Z0
- [membrane/laminate] DRYtechnology Performance (3-layer), [face fabric] 100% polyamide
- Waterproof Rating
- 2 front zip, 1 internal
- underarm zips
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, backpacking, casual, hiking, mountaineering, ski mountaineering, trail running
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
May 28, 2020
Absolutely not waterproof
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 11"
- 180 lbs
I have one in last season's color. Nice fit and look. Certainly not waterproof. I live in North Carolina, USA where we have ever-increasing amounts of intermittent, unseasonal heavy rain and it does not stand a chance even after a week of regular use. I bought it on sale at $180ish. I would not even consider it worth half that much. I do use it when i go running in the rain. A little bulkier than perhaps a traditional lightweight running rain jacket but does the job.
November 5, 2020
Is it possible to use it as an outlayer having a patagonia Down Sweater Hooded Jacket as a midlayer? should I go one size up? Hope you can help me, thanks.
November 28, 2020
This shell has a regular fit and you should be able to wear your Patagonia down sweater underneath this as a midlayer.