Masao HS Hooded Jacket
Whether you're seeking out the highest peaks because they're home to epic backcountry ski lines or if it's just because they're there, the Mammut Masao HS Hooded Jacket will be a trusted companion for your next trek above tree line. The 3-layer DRYtechnology Pro fabric is durably waterproof, totally windproof, and offers high breathability, making it perfect for the times when you need protection from the elements while continuing your high-output journey. The hood helmet-compatible hood provides added protection in windy and snowy weather, while the adjustable cuffs and hem also work to seal in warmth and keep the elements on the outside. If your climb or hike has you heating up, you can release heat using the zippered underarm vents, which are part of a gusseted underarm construction designed to boost your range of motion. And thanks to the harness and pack compatible pockets you'll have easy access to gear and nutrition at any time without having to stop or slow down.
- Push for high heights with this dependable mountaineering shell
- Waterproof and breathable membrane protects against wind and snow
- Helmet-compatible hood guarantees protection from wild weather
- Underarm vents cool you down on strenuous ascents
- Cuffs are easy to adjust with gloves on
- Gusseted underarm construction helps you reach for holds
- Adjustable hem keeps the cold from creeping in
- Front pockets are easy to access with a pack or harness on
- Item #MAM015Q
- Responsible Collection
- Bluesign Approved
- [membrane/laminate] DRYtechnology Pro (3-layer), [face fabric] polyamide
- Waterproof Rating
- Breathability Rating
- fully sealed
- helmet-compatible, 2-way adjustable
- [external] 2 zippered hand, 1 zippered chest, [internal] 1 zippered stash
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 3oz
- Recommended Use
- mountaineering, climbing, backcounry skiing & snowboarding, hiking
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
March 28, 2019
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 5` 10"
- 195 lbs
The jacket seems well constructed and I really like the way it looks. It is smaller than I would have expected for an extra-large. Normally I would never wear an XXL in anything however I probably would have exchanged it had an XXL been available. It being a sale item those options were limited. In fairness I think it is designed for a far more athletic body than I possess. It is small enough that it won't allow for much layering. It does have a left-handed zipper which is awkward but I know from experience that it does get easier to use with practice. I like the placement of pockets and the overall design though the chest and inside pockets are a little small but adequate. Due to a surgery I have not had the chance to do anything more than try it on so I cannot comment on how waterproof it is. At this point the only reason I gave it four stars instead of five is the sizing.
February 12, 2019
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 11"
- 200 lbs
Mammut's sizing seems to fluctuate significantly. I purchased (and returned) the Kento early this year; I needed that jacket in a large to fit my skiing mid-layer. For this jacket I only needed a medium. It seems well made and thought-out. The cuffs do have a crease to control the fabric when you tighten the velcro which doesn't seem as well designed as other jackets. If this jacket had a drop pocket inside I would have given it 5 stars.