Select style & size:Select options
Mammut equipped the Crag Smart HMS Locking Carabiner with a safety gate to prevent cross-loading while belaying. This safety gate also reinforces the twistlock's closure, making it safer than standard locking carabiners. Mammut designed it to pair with the Smart belay device, but it'll make any belay device easier to handle.
- Carabiner designed specifically for Mammut's Smart 2.0 Belay Device
- Locking gate can be unlocked only when the safety gate is opened
- Keylock nose prevents snagging while taking climbers off belay
- Item #MAM011H
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I do not usually have a problem of cross loading but knowing I can belay without the worry of it is really nice! I am a big fan of knowing you can only unlock it by taking off the safety gate as well. I recommend this as a dedicated belay carabiner.
Safe, secure, good orientation
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Helps keep good orientation. Light, simple, secure. It's a screw-gate under the arm, and the arm only swings into place if the gate is fully closed and screwed so it's a good backup to possible loosening (can't loosen if arm is closed), and you can't use it unless it's screwed shut...