Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Select style & size:Select options
Carbon Probe 280 Fast Lock
Shave precious weight off your backcountry safety kit with the Mammut Carbon Probe 280 Fast Lock. This ultralight carbon probe is incredibly strong, ensuring years of longevity when you're performing snow safety drills in the backcountry. The Fast Lock system ensures a quick and sturdy connection interface in emergency and practice scenarios, and the probe collapses down to a mere 45 centimeters for compact storage in your pack.
- Dependable probe for avalanche safety drills and rescues
- Carbon material is lighter and stronger than aluminum
- Fast Lock delivers a fast and sturdy connection
- Collapses into a compact size for better storage in your pack
- Included probe cover with integrated emergency plan
- Item #MAM018A
- Q & A
Does the Job
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Lightweight and sturdy. Easy to assemble.
Lightweight and reliable
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This probe is light and reliable - easy to deploy and sturdy once it's locked. I'd trust it in extreme-use circumstances, but it's really light for a 280cm probe so it doesn't weigh you down on the uphill.