3 Days Only!
Select a size:
Earning your turns comes at a hefty cost when your life is on the line, especially after a heavy storm when snowpack stability is touchy to say the least. Even if you pick conservative terrain, analyze stability, and practice rescue techniques on a regular basis, you're still hedging your bets that the proverbial house of cards won't come tumbling down. The Mammut Barryvox Package gives you the means to rescue fellow skiers and riders, as well as help others locate you underneath an avalanche debris field, should things go horribly wrong on a backcountry tour.
The Barryvox Package includes a Barryvox Beacon, Alugator Ride Shovel, and Probe 240, making it a complete package intended for locating buried victims, emitting a life-saving signal if you're buried, and digging snow pits to assess stability. The Alugator Ride Shovel easily collapses and maximizes digging strength with its hardened aluminum blade. Furthermore, the Probe 240 extends to 7.9 feet for locating victims under the snow and collapses down to only 1.5 feet in your pack.
The Barryvox Beacon is one of the most popular on the market, and for good reason, thanks to its digital 3-antenna design with a 70-meter search strip for quickly locating buried victims. It's intuitive to use with an easy-to-read display that shows distance, direction, and victim number. The ergonomic design of the beacon features large buttons that work with gloves on. Multiple burial processing comes in handy for situations where there's numerous skiers and riders underneath the avalanche debris field, with a large flagging button for marking each victim's location. Another useful feature is the automatic switching between search to send after four minutes of inactivity, as it assumes a secondary avalanche has buried you.
- Includes Barryvox beacon, Alugator Ride shovel, Probe 240
- Digital 3-antenna Barryvox beacon with 70m search strip
- Intuitive display shows distance, direction, victim number
- Multiple burial processing with large flagging button
- Auto switches from search to send after 4 min inactivity
- Ergonomic design is easily used with gloves on
- Group and self tests with instructions
- Barryvox carry system included
- Item #MAM018G
- Digital Range
- 70m (229.6 ft)
- acoustic search guidance, reverse direction function, multiple buried subjects, Auto Revert from search to send (after 4 minutes of inactivity)
- 3 AAA
- Battery Life
- [alkaline, 1.5v, 3xAAA] 300 hours SEND
- Harness Included
- yes, BarryMount carrying system
- [Barryvox] 4.5 x 1.8 x 1.06in,
- Claimed Weight
- [Barryvox w/batteries] 7.4oz, [Probe] 8.5oz, [Alugator Ride Shovel] 1lb 10.1oz, [package weight] 2lb 9.9oz
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
5 based on 2 ratings
Fits SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.