Bravely venture anywhere on the mountain.
The Mammut Men's Alyeska Pro HS Jacket handles bluebird days in the backcountry and snowy days at the resort with aplomb. Its 3-layer Gore-Tex Pro membrane works with the fully taped seams to provide exceptional waterproofing against winter's worst offerings, and it's proven to ensure higher levels of breathability for the backcountry skiers who are sure to work up a sweat. Mammut added underarm vents with 2-way zippers for customized airflow, and the removable powder skirt attaches to compatible ski pants for complete coverage. The hood adjusts in three ways for a better fit, and it slides over helmets with ease. The Alyeska also features internal hand gaiters with thumbholes, hook-and-loop cuffs, and multiple backpack-compatible pockets for skins and electronics.
- Lightweight, protective jacket for the resort or backcountry
- Gore-Tex fabric offers waterproof, breathable protection
- Zippered underarm vents help hot air escape quickly
- Removable powder skirt offers defense against errant snow
- Adjustable hood is also helmet-compatible
- Thumbholes prevent frigid winds from sneaking up your sleeves
- Multiple pockets carries your necessities for the backcountry
- Regular fit keeps your range of motion free and allows for layers
- Item #MAM00NE
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 160lbs
This is a great jacket at the sale price. The fit is on the narrow side and definitely tends toward the alpine climbing cut rather than skiing. I am 5'11" 160 lbs and the medium is a little snug in the shoulders. With my hands in the thumb loops, lifting my arm over head, it was a little too small in the arm - I wear a 15 1/2 / 33 shirt, but great otherwise. Probably needed a large. In most jackets, I am borderline between medium and small.
My one gripe is that the hood while big enough to fit over my ski helmet does fall just short - 1 inch - of fully covering the front of my helmet - I have a big, old, high-profile helmet so it might not be an issue for others.
The jacket is really full featured. I love the extra zipper on the neck that allows you to extend the neck cuff if you need more room. Great feature. Seems like there are more pockets and zippers than one really needs and the inside pocket is on the small size.
A very solid jacket.