Select Style & Size
Alugator Light Shovel
As the lightest shovel in Mammut's line, the Alugator Light Shovel is ideal for backcountry travelers who want to shave every ounce from their kit without compromising reliable function. The sharpened aluminum blade is tilt-proof and strong, and features attachment holes that can be used to construct a snow anchor or rescue sled. You'll appreciate the blade's straight back when you're shaving the walls of your snowpit to get an accurate snow profile. The telescoping handle is easy to adjust so you can optimize your digging efficiency, and collapses into a compact package to easily fit, along with the blade, in a small daypack.
- Lightweight shovel for backcountry travel
- Strong, sharp blade cuts through hard snow with ease
- Telescopic shaft makes for efficient digging
- Space-saving blade design easily fits into a small pack
- Attachment holes in blade for building snow anchor or rescue sled
- Item #MAM017P
- anodized aluminum
- Assembled Length
- [collapsed] 21.3in, [extended] 29.5in
- Blade Dimensions
- 9.5 x 8.3in
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb .8oz
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
April 17, 2020
Lightest shovel ive found
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Was at a popular outdoor gear shop in Portland, OR that had many different brand shovels available- this was the lightest shovel of the bunch and fits well in my 25L backpack along with all my other gear and a 3L water bladder. Highly recommend!
December 8, 2019
How far does this shovel break down? Does the entire red stick come apart from the shovel head? I have a 16 liter pack and I'm hoping it collapses small enough to fit in it.
December 12, 2019
Hi Dustin, You are able to take the blade off from the shaft. The blade is is 10.8 inches and the shaft is 17.3 inches.