A lot of miles covered in rocky terrain.
- A burly boot built for trekking long miles
- Rugged leather upper and quick-drying lining
- Cushioned, supportive climate control footbed
- Monowrap midsole adds stability and shock absorption
- Lowa Multicross rubber sole with self-cleaning lugs
- Item #LOW001Q
- Q & A
Beware of Sole separation
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 12
This model replaced a previous model called Desperado but apparently comes with the same problems. The shoe IS comfortable however the sole material WILL separate from the shoe at some point, and as it happened to me, in the middle of a hiking trip! Even though Lowa is very aware of this problem (its in the fine print on their website), unless your shoe is within 60 days of purchase, they will refuse to do anything about it.
Their response is "well its like the rubber on your bicycle tire". Well when my bicycle tire fails, I do not have to throw away the whole bicycle.
Be wary of this potential major defect and if you choose Lowa, make sure you bring a spare pair on your hiking trip.