Check the list.
Not all triathletes are in the business of winning; there are plenty of us who just focus on finishing. This is especially true of the 140.6 events, and the Louis Garneau Tri X-Speed III Women's Shoes are made to ensure that bucket listers get through the bike leg with feet that are still able to run (or walk) a marathon. Compared to pure race shoes like the X-Lite II, the X-Speed III has a roomier fit and increased arch support, features that help take the pressure off of metatarsals and reduce the risk of hot spots.
Underfoot, the X-Speed III's fiberglass/nylon outsole is a tried and trusted design for intermediate age groupers. It's stiff enough that it won't hold you back but doesn't carry the exorbitant price tag of carbon fiber. Courtesy of a reversed strap and a grab-without-looking heel loop, those stiff planks secure easily while rolling out of transition, and the single strap design means that no-look ease extends to mid-ride adjustments as the sun rises and begins warming the course.
- Triathlon shoes for intermediates and competitive age groupers
- Generous fit and arch support help to avoid metatarsal hot spots
- Ventilated outsole reduces the swelling effects of summer heat
- Heel stabilizer reduces abrasion from riding without socks
- Synthetic upper minimizes seams to reduce potential irritation
- Reflective details help you stay visible before the sun rises on the bike leg
- Item #LGN00H2
- Q & A
I've been wearing LG tri shoes for decades and enjoy their consistent performance and fit. This particular style is boxy and not well contoured to the foot. The result is excess material over the top of the foot that creases and rises up to create a peak at the toe box.