When comfort is key.
Compared to the higher-level Tri X-Lite II, the Louis Garneau Tri X-Speed III Men's Shoes have a more forgiving, more spacious fit and increased arch support, so they stress comfortable expansion of the metatarsals and a wider range of tightness options in order to ensure comfort. Comfort is especially important when a day in the saddle can reach into the 112-mile range and directly precedes a marathon, which are prime conditions for swollen, sore feet. Given these properties—and despite a less efficient outsole and slightly heavier construction—the X-Speed III may in fact be a more effective choice for 140.6 triathletes in the age-group categories looking to check off a bucket-list item rather than pursuing a career.
That's not to say the soles aren't stiff and efficient; LG reinforces the nylon outsole with fiberglass, so it transfers power without the rigidly unforgiving stiffness of a carbon sole. While rolling out of transition, a heel loop and single cross-shoe strap help you stuff your feet into the shoes and cinch them down in one, smooth motion. The single strap also makes mid-ride adjustments easy as the day warms and your feet swell.
- A triathlon shoe to help check off those bucket list races
- More spacious fit and generous arch support for increased comfort
- Ventilated outsole resists the effects of summer heat
- Heel stabilizer reduces abrasion from riding without socks
- Synthetic upper minimizes seams to reduce potential irritation
- Reflective details help you stay visible before the sun rises on the bike leg
- Item #LGN00H0
- Q & A
Is this shoe good for wide feet? Looking for a shoe that looks like this and is for wide feet? Triathlon wide foot bike shoe. Lol.