Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Slate II Cycling Shoe
Keep your feet happy without blowing your entire season's riding budget with the Louis Garneau Slate II Cycling Shoe. Ideal for everything from cross country to everyday trail riding, the Slate II keeps your feet comfortable on long rides while helping you transfer your power efficiently to the pedals. And while it's true that these mountain bike shoes are on the more wallet-friendly side of the spectrum, they certainly don't skip out when it comes to features and quality, as they incorporate trickle-down technology from Garneau's top tier shoes, including the award-winning X-Comfort Zone technology.
When cycling, feet tend to swell due to the increase in blood flow to the muscles. This can lead to numbness and hot spots that could potentially cut your ride short. Garneau addresses this issue with their X-Comfort Zone technology, an integrated stretch panel on the outside of the toe box that allows the foot to swell up to 5mm while riding, thus eliminating hot spots and discomfort. It also allows the shoes to comfortably fit riders with average and above average forefoot widths, taking some of the guesswork out of shoe selection.
- A performance MTB shoe that's friendly on the wallet
- X-Comfort Zone eliminates numbness and hot spots
- Power Zone increases arch support and power transfer
- Outsole balances power transfer with off-bike walkability
- Closure system provides an adjustable and secure fit
- EVA insole for improved comfort on the trail
- Abrasion-resistant toe box holds up to rocks and roots
- Item #LGN00M9
- Q & A
Not for me
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
The top ratchet strap comes up high and causes pressure points.