Never take a season off again.
When fall hits, and the morning dew is no longer a wet drip, but now a biting frost, reach for the Louis Garneau Off Season Shorts to keep you warm through the frosty months. These softshell shorts are designed for that time of year that your buddies refer solemnly to as "the off season," but really, with the right gear, does there have to be one? Here at Competitive Cyclist, we certainly don't think so, and thanks to these shorts we're happy to spin our legs on dirt, snow, or snirt through the winter.
The Off Season Shorts starts with 2-way-stretch windproof Enertec fabric, made from 2-ply bonded softshell with a DWR coating. The thick fabric is ideal for cutting through frosty mornings and icy wind, and the DWR coating keeps snow, rain, and frosty dew from soaking in. Enertec is super breathable, so while keeping cold air out, it still allows perspiration and heat to escape, and it's abrasion resistant to stand up to rocks, dirt, and trees. The inside of the fabric features a brushed backing with DryTex 8, designed to retain body heat so you can stay warm on the trail when everyone else has called it quits. Throw them on over your favorite liner short and hit the trail through the winter, or use them for a pre-race warmup, either way your legs will thank you.
- Burly winter riding shorts to keep you toasty on the trail
- Enertec stretchy softshell cuts through the elements
- Abrasion resistant and holds up to trail debris
- Wick away sweat with ultra-breathable fabric
- 2-way leg zip offers ventillation when needed
- Adjustable hook and loop waist tabs keep shorts in place
- Seamless inner leg for reduced chaffing and bunching
- Large zipper pulls are convenient for gloves or frozen fingers
- Item #LGN00HW