Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Vision 98 Ski
Keep things lightweight while you explore the mountain and look for fun freeride lines during high pressure systems on the Line Vision 98 Ski. To ensure you have a fun ski to rally turns on and feel comfortable going edge to edge this ski boasts a nimble 98mm waist and a rocker-camber-rocker profile. The 3mm of camber further boosts edge hold and carving power, while the 9mm of tip rocker and 7mm of tail rocker ensure you can stomp tricks in any condition, handle a little fresh snow, and easily transition between turns. Adding to that, a directional flex ensures the tip is softer than the tail for tight turn initiation and stability at speed, while the 5-cut sidecut helps you break the edges free and comfortably make turns at many different radii. This combination of attributes pairs up with a lightweight construction to keep you charging comfortably all day long.
The construction of the Vision is really what sets it apart from other Line freeride skis and lets them thrive in bounds or in the backcountry. The lightweight layup starts with the Partly Cloudy Core which is a blend of Paulownia and maple. This combination offers super weight savings from the Paulownia with the maple providing the additional response and rebound you expect from a freeride ski. Sandwiched around that is the THC construction which uses aramid, carbon, and fiberglass to dampen your ride while keeping things light and stable. This combination prevents the sometimes chintzy, pingy feel of carbon dominated layups. Throwing on a sintered base and durable Capwall construction continues the balance of weight savings and performance, and limits swingweight so that you can take your tricks to natural features.
- Lightweight freeride ski for navigating high pressure systems
- 98mm waist offers quick edge to edge control in firm snow
- Blend of rocker and camber provides maneuverability and edge hold
- Medium turn radius is stable at speed but easy to control
- Core offers stability, response, in conjunction with weight savings
- THC construction offers a damp ride in an extremely light weight
- Capwall sidewalls blend weight savings, durability, and hold
- Sintered bases skip across flat areas and cat tracks with ease
- Item #LIN006T