Built for the big boys.
The Lib Tech Skunk Ape Wide Snowboard is the brainchild of a couple of larger Lib Tech employees who were fed up with riding boards designed for skinny park rats. With its extra-wide platform and stiffer flex, the Skunk Ape caters to burly boarders who work as lumberjacks and wrestle bears in the off-season (probably). It rips backcountry bowls and pow-filled trees without mercy, but still retains enough of a twin shape to take through the park too.
C2-BTX Power Banana technology features rocker between the bindings for a floaty and forgiving ride in powder, with camber zones extending from the bindings to the tip and tail to give it a more aggressive feel that provides edge hold on hardpack and pop off of jumps. Magne-Traction edges are serrated to slice through ice likes it's fresh corduroy, so you can carve down bulletproof slopes with ease while everyone else is sliding down the mountain. A directional twin shape and set-back stance gives you more power and control when you're shredding the deep stuff and still allows you to ride switch in powder.
A blend of Columbian Gold, Polonia, and Aspen wood in the core makes it strong, snappy, and lightweight. Basalt replaces fiberglass to reduce toxins created in the manufacturing process without sacrificing strength, and the Bio Bean topsheet is made from castor beans instead of petroleum-based plastics. Plus, this board was built in the USA by snowboarders with jobs using environmentally friendly materials.
- Beefy board for bigger riders who shred everything
- C2 BTX profile for perfect balance of float and power
- Mid-stiff flex delivers high-speed stability and drive
- Directional twin shape for extra drive and float
- Magne-Traction ensures reliable edge hold
- Basalt fibers reduce toxins in manufacturing process
- Birch internal sidewalls enhance durability
- Lib Tech uses eco-conscious manufacturing techniques
- Item #LBT007S