Select style & size:Select options
Go bananas across the whole resort.
Enjoying over a decade at the top, the Lib Tech Skate Banana Wide Snowboard is still the go-to choice for riders looking for a board that's fun and easy to ride, from the terrain park and groomers to tree runs and wide-open pow fields. This wide version allows riders with bigger boots to enjoy the easy-going freestyle bliss the Skate Banana is legendary for.
The Skate Banana is built on Lib's BTX rocker profile that features rocker between the bindings for float in powder and forgiveness on hardpack, while the tip and tail have the slightest bit of camber to maintain pop and stability. The result is a loose, catch-free ride that gives you enough pressure at the ends to charge hard. A medium-soft flex lets you press and butter your way through the park with ease, while still maintaining enough stability to confidently send jumps and bomb groomers. Add in Magne-Traction serrated edges for reliable grip on the iciest days, and you have a board that's ready to conquer the entire mountain.
- Shred everything on this ultra-versatile and fun board
- Rocker between bindings with mild camber underfoot
- Mid-soft flex is versatile enough for all types of riding
- Twin shape allows switch progression
- Magne-Traction ensures reliable edgehold
- Light, snappy core from sustainably harvested trees
- Birch internal sidewalls enhance durability
- Lib Tech uses eco-conscious manufacturing techniques
- Item #LBT009B
- Q & A
Skate Banana or Bust!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The Skate Banana is an incredibly fun and jibby board to ride. I've had the board for 5 years now and have over 250 days on it!
I have the 156 wide and I weigh 170 pounds. I definitely felt most at home riding this board in the park where its flexibility and poppy core make jibbing rails, rocks, and trees easy and fun. The twin tip makes throwing spins easy, and butters are as smooth as well, butter on toast!
The seven points of contact provided by the Magnetraction makes holding an edge on groomers, ice, or slush a breeze. If you're looking for a predominate park board that you can rip anywhere on the mountain, this is the board for you!