Protection for the real world.
Until a few years ago, most helmets on the market only absorbed the crushing forces of straight-on impacts, which is ultimately a poor design, considering most trail riders experience crashes at an angled plane of impact. Understanding this divergence between theoretical protection and the reality of crashes on the trail, Leatt designed the 3.0 All Mountain Helmet with 360˚ Turbine Technology, alongside a host of functional ventilation, customizable fit options, and striking style for the all-mountain rider.
This technology disperses rotational forces with tiny, turbine-like circles made of Armourgel placed throughout the helmet. Armourgel turbines are relatively soft and pliable until impact, at which point they harden up and rotate ever-so-slightly to lessen the force applied to your cranium, should you take a nasty fall or crash into rocks and trees lining the trail. Don't just take our word for it—Leatt is claiming an impressive 30 percent decrease in rotational forces with this ingenious design. Combined with the up-to-date construction techniques, such as a lightweight polycarbonate shell and 3D in-mold impact foam, this helmet is set to conquer the most technical of trails without sacrificing protection.
- Exceptional protection from angled crashes
- 360˚ Turbine Technology disperses rotational forces
- Lightweight polycarbonate shell with 18 large vents
- 3D in-mold impact foam for certified impact protection
- Adjustable visor breaks away for additional safety
- Fidlock magnetic buckle and adjustable dial fit system
- Moisture-wicking, breathable liner with anti-odor finish
- Item #LBR0074
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This helmet is super comfortable. I tried several other helmets before I landed on this one. The retention system is great, and I appreciate that it has a torsional impact protection system. My only worry is that I may not be able to strap my light onto it due to the vent spacing/locations. Other than that, I don't have any complaints at all.