Lighter than ever.
The Lamson Litespeed Series IV Fly Reel continues along the path of fly-fishing icons with an updated outlook and attitude for 2014. This superstar reel takes off where the Litespeed II left off, with faster retrieval rates, improved ergonomics, easier line management, and less mass. With a reel that's lighter in your hands and less willing to compromise on the water, you have a real-deal reel for nearly every fishing situation.
The large arbor design you've come to know and love on Lamson reels remains in place, but it's refined to help this reel lose a bit of weight. On the Litespeed IV, the curved arbor minimizes mass and allows the backing to be stored in a diameter well. Without backing sucking up space, your working line enjoys the maximum radius of the reel—and you enjoy rapid retrieval rates, less kinking, minimal snagging, and consistent drag.
Lamson changed the way anglers addressed drag with its fully-sealed conical drag system. The stainless steel zero-lash roller clutch uses ramps and rollers for seamless engagement of the drag system. The Litespeed IV uses Lamson's drag system, but employs narrower drag geometry to reduce mass without changing the drag action. The drag knob receives a shot of attitude for when a fish finds your fly delicious but has no real interest in being caught. Unchanged is the completely sealed housing that protects the patented drag mechanism from salt and sand, grit and murky river water.
If you've had grand adventures with previous Litespeed reels, perhaps the biggest change you'll notice on the Litespeed IV is the revised spool/stripping arm geometry. Consistent with Lamson's current reels, the reel geometry minimizes snags and line damage. The Hard Alox finish not only protects the metal from corrosion but gives this reel a sultry charcoal color for a bit of sexy on the water.
- Large arbor format
- Machined aluminum, stainless steel
- Hard Alox anodized aluminum finish
- Conical drag system
- Open spoke design
- Not compatible with other Litespeed spools
- Extra Litespeed IV spools sold separately
- Item #LMS000A
- machined aluminum, stainless steel
- Drag System
- Backing Capacity
- [1.5] 100 yards / 20 #,  100 yards / 20 #,  225 yards / 20 #, [3.5] 250 yards / 20 #,  250 yards / 30 #
- [1.5] 3.25 x 1.10 in,  3.50 x 1.10 in,  3.75 x 1.25 in, [3.5] 4.00 x 1.38 in,  4.50 x 1.50 in
- Fly Line Weight
- [1.5] WF4,  WF6,  WF8, [3.5] WF9,  WF10
- Left and Right Handed Operation
- Claimed Weight
- [1.5] 3.38 oz,  3.74 oz,  4.63 oz, [3.5] 5.10 oz,  7.95 oz
- Recommended Use
- fly fishing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime