Built for the long haul.
- Comfortable, efficient shoe built for off-road abuse
- Abrasion-resistant elements add durability
- MX Competition last is snug in the heel, wider in the toebox
- Dual Boa IP1 dials provide secure, micro-adjustable fit
- Full grain leather upper is supple and mold to the foot
- Stiff carbon fiber sole maximizes power transfer
- Rubber lugs add grippy traction while off the bike
- Item #LKC001U
- Q & A
Fantastic all-day shoe
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 40
- Height: 5'5"
- Weight: 130lbs
I've now ridden both XC singletrack and long days of groad and mud with these shoes, and absolutely love them. These are the first shoes I've had that are comfortable for 8-10 hours of riding.
Points to love:
1. Double boa closure makes for easy fit adjustments while riding
2. Stiff sole has awesome power transfer
3. Molded/custom fit heel; first time I've done extended hike-a-bike sections without getting heel blisters, even with the stiff sole
4. Toe box is roomy enough for my duck feet on hot days without being sloppy
5. Ventilation is fantastic; after a 9-hour day in 85+ degree temps, I didn't have a single hot spot.
One additional note: I measured according to the Lake size chart which recommended a full size larger than my norm, and then sent the first pair back as they were too big. I ended up with my regular size. I was worried that there wasn't a woman's model available, but the men's shoe fits beautifully.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 45.5
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 170lbs
These are great and comfortable for long rides. I like the Boa and they tighten and loosen by turning either direction. This is nice for all day comfort as you can quickly adjust fit throughout the day. The toe box is ample but not too wide. Finally, the materials seem to be really nice and they seem well made. Nice rubber soles with a stiff carbon shank.