Cyclocross has earned its reputation as one of the most welcoming cycling disciplines with a focus on fun, quirky style, cowbells, and cheers for every competitor on the course. Whether you're big or small, rock spandex or jorts, ride gears or single speed, there's a place for you in 'cross, and few shoes bring together that flashy fun in a race-ready package like Lake's MX237 SuperCross Men's Cycling Shoes. This particular version bumps up the volume with 15mm of space across the ball of the foot compared to the standard MX237 to better suit those of us with wider foot profiles. Aside from the width, the MX237 SuperCross - Wide boasts all the durable yet lightweight, race-worthy features we love about the standard version, including grippy toe spikes that help keep you on your feet through steep run-ups and muddy scrambles.
- A cyclocross shoe for riders with wider feet
- Wide version provides 15mm of added volume across the toe box
- Stiff carbon fiber sole efficiently transfers watts to the pedals
- Lugged outsole and toe spikes provide grip off the bike
- Abrasion resistant leather upper with mesh panels for ventilation
- Dual Boa closures dial in the fit with streamlined precision
- Item #LKC001L
- Q & A
Very positive first impressions
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: 43.5 wide
It's been a couple of weeks now, and I'm very pleased with the mx237s. They aren't the lightest MTB shoes I've owned but they more than make up for it in the comfort and stiffness departments. They run about as wide as any other wide shoe I've owned, but almost a size smaller than Shimano, Sidi, Mavic, etc. Just something to be aware of. As far as aesthetics are concerned, however, you honest can't beat these guys. The uber-classy blue and white stripes on the flat black fabric are counter balanced out by the sick, bordering-on-gaudy gold tongue and heal.