Wide feet, happy trails.
Alleviating the torturous routine of squeezing your plus-sized dogs into standard cycling shoes, the Lake Men's MX237 Mountain Bike Shoe accommodates bigger feet on the trail with their widened shape. Bumping out the width of the shoe by as much as 15mm, the MX237 alleviates the tingly sensation and pressure points caused by wearing overly tight shoes. The MX237 carries many of Lake's best technologies for unrelenting speed and foot-conforming comfort when you're slaloming down twisty singletrack and dissecting punishing lines on the trail.
Smooth and supple, the full grain leather upper conforms to your feet over time, much like your favorite slippers. Perforated holes exhaust heat as your ride in warmer conditions. Another stand-out feature is the dual Boa closure, which independently tightens the forefoot and heel to alleviate heel lift without cramping your toes.
Elevating you atop the podium of your local race series, the Competition last and Race carbon fiber sole transfer every watt of available power into forward momentum. By directing power output through the ball of your foot to the pedals, the MX237 creates a highly efficient platform that minimizes wasted energy during racing and training. And for instances where hike-a-bike is necessary, molded rubber lugs deliver aggressive traction across slick rocks, roots, and muddy trails.
- Wide trail shoe alleviates discomfort for big-footed riders
- Race carbon fiber sole is super-stiff for maximum efficiency
- Grippy rubber lugs for non-slip traction on slippery trails
- Full grain leather upper molds to the shape of your foot
- Dual Boa closure independently tightens mid-foot and heel
- Competition last directs power to the ball of your foot
- Item #LKC000V
- Q & A
I wanted to like it...
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: 45.5
I really wanted to like this shoe. Fit great, full leather, loved the clips but... It was so hot after the first ride I took them back. Very little ventilation and felt my old cheapo's were much better ventilation wise.