Built for the up, plenty strong for the down.
The Vapor Nano Ski from La Sportiva is the newest incarnation of skis that are blurring the lines between uphill and downhill. With tip rocker, tail rocker, and traditional camber underfoot, these lightweight skis can ski anything from deep powder to mank with ease. Where they really shine, however, is on the uphill. Carbon nano-tubes make up the laminate layers that are placed over a Kevlar weave composite, and reinforced with carbon fiber plates for added torsional rigidity. These days, just because a ski is light, it doesn't mean that it can't ski hard on the downhill, and these are a perfect example of that new standard. To make touring easy, La Sportiva added tip and tail skin attachment holes that are compatible with La Sportiva's proprietary, pre-cut skins.
- Tip and tail rocker, camber underfoot
- Carbon Torsion Box (cap construction)
- Kevlar Weave and paulownia core
- Prepreg carbon nanotube laminate layers
- Carbon fiber reinforcement plates
- 103mm underfoot width
- Traditional sidecut 130/103/120mm
- 5lbs 5oz per pair (180cm length)
- Tip and tail skin attachment holes
- Flat, notched tail
- Compatible with La Sportiva HiGlide Vapor Nano skins
- Item #LSP004A
- Q & A
Yes I'm On a Lift
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Best light weight ski I have skied. You cant feel it on your feet on the walk up but on the way down you don't have a ski that wont ski. It holds a great edge when thing get hard and ice, also it sounds like you are on plastic spoons. It floats when the going gets deep. If you are looking for light you found it.