Like vapor, float to the top.
The sound of soft snow canvassing the backcountry is enough to wake you for a dawn patrol, and La Sportiva's Vapor Nano Ski stays light on your foot so reach the summit by sunrise. Each ski weighs less than three pounds, which is especially phenomenal given the mid-fat 105mm waist. A waist with this width has an undeniable penchant for powder, but there's enough camber to help you get through the occasional firm patch.
La Sportiva updated the Vapor Nano with a tapered tip rocker that promises to slice through soft snow like a dream. The rocker has a rounder shape for a surfier feel. La Sportiva kept the ultralight construction as previous models. Carbon fibers reinforce carbon nanotubes to keep the ski's Kevlar-woven core surprisingly stiff and ridiculously light. Why break something that doesn't need fixing?
- Backcountry skis weigh under three pounds each
- 105mm waist has a penchant for powder
- Tip and tail rocker surf in soft snow
- Camber underfoot holds an edge on firm snow
- Carbon nanotube construction maintains a stiffer flex
- Item #LSP00EA