Super Maximo LS Ski
There are those that prefer a lightweight skin to the top over all else, including downhill performance, and then there are those that take La Sportiva's Super Maximo LS Ski out for a tour and don't have to choose. Built with SKI TRAB Lightweight Technology, the Super Maximo is both extremely lightweight yet rich with anti-torsional strength. The core is built from 14 different layers in order to reduce vibration, using lightweight wood interlaced with higher-strength wood, then reinforced with a fiberglass box. This process delivers both torsional rigidity and durability to an otherwise lightweight ride.
When it comes to downhill performance, the Super Maximo LS is well adapted to a wide range of snow conditions. It features La Sportiva's progressive Attivo shape, well tuned for adept steering, floatability, and forgiving turn initiation. This innovative shape ensures gradual entry into fresh snow, yet provides plenty of contact on sun-affected crust. Plus, the 94mm waist underfoot is wide enough to handle last night's big dump, yet narrow enough that it deals well with any wind-buffed slopes you might encounter on your way down.
- A well-balanced touring ski for mixed conditions in the backcountry
- Medium waist underfoot delivers reliable performance in most snow
- Low Omega profile improves maneuverability and turn initiation
- Cap construction minimizes weight during uphill travel
- Lightweight wood core is reinforced for torsional rigidity
- Swallow tails designed for skins, stability, and steering precision
- Item #LSP00EH