How light can you go?
You can search high and low but you're not going to find a boot much lighter than the La Sportiva Men's Stratos Hi-Cube Boot. Designed with the help of Italian World Cup champion, Damiano Lenzi, this boot is for elite racers prioritizing optimal efficiency. Oh, and they weigh a mind blowing 450 grams per foot—yep, you heard that right, a pair of these kicks weighs less than two pounds.
The carbon construction provides race-level strength without adding weight, and the waterproof Schoeller stretch fabric gaiter keeps your feet dry and protected from snow, ice, and loose rock. An impressive 75-degree range of motion in walk mode lets you stride past the competition with ease, and the ski/walk mode lever is integrated into the top buckle for quick and efficient transitions. The High-Cube liner is actually a two-piece bootie that's thermo-moldable for a dialed fit. Vibram rubber soles keep you upright while you're cruising through slick and uneven terrain and the new spur-heel construction lets you promptly attach crampons without wasting valuable seconds.
- This ultra-light skimo boot was made for the podium
- Carbon construction is super strong and light
- Schoeller stretch gaiter keeps snow out and your feet dry
- 75-degree range of motion in walk mode assures an efficient stride
- Spur-heel construction makes for easy crampon attachment
- Vibram sole holds traction on slick conditions
- Ski/walk mode lever is integrated into the top buckle for quicker transitions
- Streamlined design weighs less than two pounds per pair
- Item #LSP00BD