Maximo LS Ski
The La Sportiva Men's Maximo LS Ski strikes a healthy balance between ultralight uphill capabilities and downhill performance. The Maximo maintains a slim weight of three pounds per ski to keep you light on your feet for those days you're logging thousands of feet of vert. La Sportiva was able to keep the Maximo light with its brand-new Low Profile Omega technology, which is a wood core with air canals to retain good durability while lowering the ski's overall weight.
La Sportiva shaped the Maximo with a skinny 88mm waist and traditional camber for optimal performance over firmer snow, but since it's La Sportiva's widest ski for randonnee racing, it's the rando racer's best choice for softer, more variable, conditions. Also unique to the Maximo LS Ski is the Cap Piuma Quadriaxial construction, which weaves carbon and fiberglass stringers around the thin wood core to assure the stiffness needed for downhill skiing. La Sportiva capped the Maximo's construction for lightness, added a scratch-proof topsheet for durability, and installed a fiber plate for better binding retention.
- Touring ski for effortless uphill and solid downhill performance
- 88mm waist is nimble edge to edge while maintaining float in powder
- Camber profile gives you good edge hold on exposed faces and ice
- Short turn radius boosts control in tight trees and rocks
- Wood core with air canals is lightweight, stable, and responsive
- Carbon reinforcements boost torsional rigidity and stability
- High quality sintered base easily glides across flat areas
- Item #LSP00JC