Why We Like The Glacier WLF Boot
La Sportiva designed this burly boot for forest management work and post-fire cleanups, but the Roughout leather upper and Vibram Ice-New sole make it worthy for our burly treks with heavy backpacks over rugged trails. The steel shank and Aircushion heel ensure proper support whether you're packing a bag full of fire gear or backpacking essentials.
- Burly boot worthy for forest work or backpacking rugged terrain
- Roughout leather upper ensures long-lasting durability
- Dry-Best lining wicks moisture and dries quickly
- MtnFlex insole with steel shank and Aircushion for comfy support
- Not designed for front line firefighting
- Vibram Ice-New is heat-resistant up to 572F
- Item #LSP00JG
- Upper Material
- Idro-Perwanger Roughout leather (3mm)
- MtnFlex (8mm) [shank] steel, Dacromet coating
- Aircushion (PU)
- Vibram Ice-New (ISO 20344)
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, hiking, work
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
February 19, 2021
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 210 lbs
Purchased 5 sets of boots that I thought would fit my needs. My last pair of strictly hiking boots lasted 20 years and went all over the country. Four test fits and four narrow fits. I wear a medium wool sock with liner all the time with this type of boot. This boot my foot slid in and had more than enough room but not too much. I have learned the hard way on hot spots and blisters with my lighter hiking boots and fit. I'll keep you posted on how they wear. I do like their construction. I like the additional padded tongue. I like the lacing system and the sole.
This post was flagged as inappropriate or irrelevant to the product.
December 10, 2020
Is this a cold weather boot or an all year boot
November 11, 2020
What's the height.
Michael T. Young
October 27, 2020
I'm looking at the Glacier WLF boot with Arctic Ice Vibram sole - is this the same sole as the Vibram Arctic Grip, or Ice-Trek as advertised by Vibram? I'm looking for a little traction on snow over or icy road conditions.