The start of something new.
Generally, hiking shoes get less breathable as they get more waterproof, but not the La Sportiva Men's Genesis Low GTX Hiking Shoe. Gore-Tex's revolutionary Surround membrane offers enhanced waterproofing and unprecedented levels of breathability so your foot stays comfy when you're trekking through a cold, damp rainforest or a hot, dry desert. Standard waterproof shoes only wrap the upper with waterproof, breathable membranes, but Surround wraps around the underfoot as well. In order to ensure sufficient breathability, Gore-Tex adds mesh through the stable, supportive midsole and Vibram Nano rubber sole. Water may seep in through the midsole, but it won't get past Gore-Tex Surround.
- Lightweight hiker with revolutionary waterproof protection
- Gore-Tex Surround lines the entire interior for total waterproofing
- Surround mesh-like membrane enhances breathability underfoot
- Strong nubuck leather upper with Nano-Cell inserts for ventilation
- Compression-molded midsole with stable TPU inserts
- Vibram Nano rubber sole with Impact Brake System for extra traction
- Item #LSP00D6
- Q & A
Good first impression
I donât write reviews but since these are a newer style, I thought I would share. Sizing: I wear 10, 10 1/2 in most shoes. These 44 works best for me. Iâve had two hikes in them so far so good. No complaints which is unusual for me. I think these will be a winner.