Up To 40% Off Arc’teryx
Select a size:
G2 SM Mountaineering Boot
Designed in collaboration with alpinist Simone Moro, the La Sportiva G2 SM Men's Mountaineering Boot is built to withstand the brutally cold winter ascents that Moro is known for. Intended for merciless Himalayan or Denali climbs, the boot consists of a water- and wear-resistant Cordura upper with an air-injected rubber rand for added protection against alpine rock and ice. The gaiter boasts a water-resistant laminate, complete with taped seams and water-repellent zip closure, which is designed to safeguard you from moisture throughout the course of your ascent.
As mentioned previously, the boot is made with a water-resistant Cordura, which is reinforced by Lorica synthetic leather and an additional, water-resistant Antiacqua coating. And while one might be lead to believe that the G2's myriad of layers would create a marshmallow effect, the boot in fact offers a low-bulk fit—without skimping on performance. For insulation, the G2 utilizes thick perforated felt, low-density PE foam, and a thermo-reflective aluminum to ensure reliable warmth. The inner boot is secured by a solid, dual Boa closure system that can be cinched down tight, without having to expose your bare hands to the biting cold. Additionally, the 6mm PE and EVA foam inner boot offers additional warmth, and can be removed and dried at camp, or kept warm in a sleeping bag until your still-dark alpine start. Sportiva equipped the G2 with a Vibram Matterhorn sole and Impact Brake System to assure solid traction once the crampons come off. And, the stiff 6mm polyurethane midsole (with toe and heel welts) allow the G2 to be worn with step-in crampons to offer quick and secure attachments.
- Mountaineering boot is one of the lightest, warmest in its class
- Cordura gaiter with air-injected rubber for added weather resistance
- Outer boot boasts felt, foam, and reflective aluminum for insulation
- Removable inner boot can be worn inside sleeping bags to keep warm
- Vibram Matterhorn sole with Impact Brake System for solid traction
- Compatible with step-in crampons
- One of the first mountain boots built with Boa closure for glove-friendly closure
- Item #LSP008U