Why We Like The G2 Evo Mountaineering Boot
The G2 Evo is La Sportiva's ultimate thermal gaiter boot built for extreme mountaineering in low temperatures. It's heavily insulated with a felt-insulated inner boot and removable foam liner, and the Cordura+ stretchy gaiter protects the insulation with rugged abrasion- and water-resistance, and Ultrasonic Welding gives the gaiter a seamless design for greater weather protection. The inner boot is also made of Cordura+ for longlasting durability, and it's four-layer constructed with felt insulation and an aluminum layer that bounces body heat back. A removable liner insulated with EVA adds even more warmth, and it has a flex zone to ensure easy mobility up the mountain. Underfoot, the G2 Evo has a carbon midsole to maintain torsional rigidity without much weight. Vibram's rubber sole ensures traction worthy of the Matterhorn, and it's compatible with automatic crampons.
- Ultra thermal mountaineering boot built for low temperatures
- Stretch Cordura+ gaiter gives weather and abrasion protection
- Double Boa dial and zipper ensure a fast-and-easy entry
- Cordura+ inner shell with felt and aluminum layer for warmth
- Removable sock liner insulated with EVA for greater warmth
- HoneyComb Tech carbon midsole maintains a stiff platform
- Vibram Matterhorn rubber sole with automatic crampon compatibility
- Item #LSPZ27U
- Upper Material
- [gaiter] Cordura+ [inner shell] Cordura+ felt (4-layer), polyethylene
- Removable Liner
- PE + EVA (6mm)
- Double BOA, zipper
- PU (2mm)
- Vibram Matterhorn with Impact Brake System
- double boot
- Crampon Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- 2lb 5oz
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
June 1, 2021
heel pocket too big for me
- I returned this product before using it
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 11"
- 190 lbs
This boot seems warm and light for a double boot but the heel pocket was way too big for me. I tried different sock thickness's and no matter how I cranked down on the boa knobs I could not get the heel lift to a tolerable level. I have the G5 sm in the same size and the heel lift and overall fit in that boot is manageable but not in this G2 evo. Back it goes. I guess I will stick with my aging Spantiks for now. I don't really want to give it a star rating since the boot doesn't fit and if it fits you maybe you will like it but the software requires it.