A shoe for the modern climber.
Gone are the days of wool socks in bulky, blocky, leather climbing shoes—for the most part, anyway—the contemporary climber is sporty, strong, and ready to tackle climbs that were unimaginable a decade ago. The Futura Climbing Shoe is La Sportiva's choice for demanding, technical, and revolutionary ascents ranging from overhung boulder problems to strong sport routes or even technical traditional lines. Featuring La Sportiva's No Edge technology, this aggressively downturned, highly asymmetrical climbing shoe feels extremely sensitive so you can feel for the largest, microscopic footholds on any given rock climb. It also features La Sportiva's P3 Technology to retain the shoe's aggressive downturn and high asymmetry for the shoe's life.
- Aggressive climbing shoe styled for modern routes and boulders
- Vibram XS Grip 2 sole is softer at the heel and harder at the toe
- No Edge technology optimizes sensitivity for technical climbing
- P3 Technology maintains shoe's sharp asymmetry overtime
- All-synthetic upper does not stretch out
- Fast Lacing System uses a single hook-and-loop with three straps for a quick-and-easy closure
- Item #LSP00GO
- Q & A
He loves them
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
I got these for my brother as a birthday gift because he's been wearing them for years and has gone through yet another pair. Obviously, the thinks these shoes are awesome and he refuses to wear anything else. What he likes the most is how soft and responsive they are, and how they feel like a slipper but fit like a glove. He downsized at least two full sizes from his street shoe size because he likes his shoes really tight and these stretch a decent amount.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
My boyfriend used to wear the 5.10 team shoes and I finally convinced him to switch to these futuras because of how comfortable they are! They fit perfectly and are molded to his feet. Had to downsize a bit from his other shoes but once we found the right size, his heel never slipped. He loves them.
May 7, 2018 The Futura Of Climbing
Check out La Sportiva's in depth look into the Futura. Be on the look out for a small colorway change as well as an all new 2018 women's version to hit the site soon. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (801) 523-4052