A convenient and much appreciated part of any outdoor layering kit, the Kuhl Parajax Jacket delivers ultralight protection from wind and light rain whether you're out exploring summits in far-flung mountain ranges or furthering your familiarity with the peaks and valleys closer to home. It's made with Kuhl's Air Blok fabric, a lightweight nylon ripstop that cuts the wind on exposed peaks, but still offers enough air permeability to stay breathable when you're exerting yourself on steep slopes. A partial mesh lining increases breathability and next-to-skin comfort, while a snug adjustable hood and hem ensure that whipping winds stay out. This jacket is also treated with a water-resistant coating that sheds lighter rain and moderate snowfall, preventing you from getting soaked as you scramble for cover when the weather changes. Plus, the entire jacket weighs less than four ounces and packs down into its own front pocket, making it easy to bring along on any adventure and pull out of a pack quickly when you need it.
- Packable and ultralight wind shell for exposed mountain adventures
- Ripstop fabric balances wind protection with breathability
- Partial mesh lining helps boost breathability for greater comfort
- Water-resistant treatment sheds rain from passing alpine showers
- Adjustable hood fits snugly for better coverage in inclement weather
- Elastic cuffs and adjustable hem help seal out the cold
- Reflective detailing keeps you visible in low-light conditions
- Item #KUH00FM
- [body] Air Blok (12D nylon ripstop, light acrylis coating), DWR coating, [partial lining] Knocealer mesh (polyester)
- rear adjustment
- 2 zippered hand
- Claimed Weight
- (size large) 3.6oz
- Recommended Use
- hiking, running, climbing, casual
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
February 11, 2020
No rain protection whatsoever
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 5` 10"
- 220 lbs
I love Kuhl products (though I don't understand why their shirts and jackets are always a size smaller than everyone else's - so you have to order XL if you wear a L, etc.) and I hoped this jacket would hold back some rain because it is so incredibly light and could easily be slipped into the backpack. Finally got a little rain to test it in - and ALL of it made it through this jacket. Tried it twice in very light rain. No protection at all. Returned it.
February 23, 2020
Well it is a wind shell. It's intended use is blocking wind, not really water. Sure it says water resistant, but probably just very light rain or mist. If you need something for dedicated rain protection, you bought the wrong jacket. This is not a rain jacket.