Select Style & Size
More training, less dough.
Realizing training devices like rollers and stationary bikes can often cost just as much as your favorite road or mountain bike, Kreitler developed their Challenger 4.5 Rollers for the cyclist on a budget maintaining fitness during the off-season. Challenger 4.5 Rollers are an affordable option for staying in shape during winter and squeezing in a quick spin after work—all without having to brave frigid temperatures and nasty weather. These are the easiest rollers to use in Kreitler's line, thanks to their larger 4.5-inch diameter providing the least amount of resistance.
Reducing the cost of production with less material and labor costs, the Challenger 4.5 features polycarbonate end caps that make it more affordable than Kreitler's Alloy Rollers. However, it maintains the ride quality of more expensive Alloy Rollers, thanks to its aluminum drums turned on a CNC lathe for near-perfect concentricity.
Kreitler claims you can use the Challenger 4.5 with their Headwind Fan and/or Flywheel, as opposed to Challenger 3.0 and 2.25 drums that aren't suited for the extra friction. This is because the 4.5-inch diameter drums turn easier without the excess friction that leads to premature wear of the polycarbonate end caps.
It comes with a powder-coated steel frame that's extremely durable and sturdy, as backed by Kreitler's lifetime warranty. You can fold up this frame for convenient storage and easily toss it in your vehicle. It adjusts to bike wheelbases ranging from 31.5 to 48 inches, allowing you to use it with a large variety of road, cross, and mountain bikes.
- Affordable rollers for off-season training
- 4.5 Rollers offer the lowest resistance level
- Aluminum drums provide a smooth and silent ride
- Polycarbonate end caps reduce the overall cost
- Suitable for use with Headwind Fan and/or Flywheel
- Coated steel frame for sturdiness and durability
- Adjusts to fit wheelbases of 31.5 to 48 inches
- Frame folds up for travel and storage purposes
- Item #KRE000C
- [drums] aluminum, [end caps] polycarbonate, [frame] powder-coated steel
- Recommended Use
- bike training
- Manufacturer Warranty
California Proposition 65
What do you think about this product?