Have a backup plan.
The wind starts howling in protest of your ascent as you trek out of Teton National Park's Upper Paintbrush Canyon toward the utterly scenic Paintbrush Divide. Luckily, you brought along your Klattermusen Vanadis Women's Jacket, so the wind can keep on throwing a tantrum—you've got places to go and things to see.
The four-way Windstretch fabric is impervious to high-alpine gusts, but it also gives when you're bending down to lace your boots, so the continued abuse you send its way is minimized. Plus the full-chin storm flap's zipper is offset so it won't chafe your throat during the long walk out of Cascade Canyon.
- A trail-focused wind shell ideal for hiking in inclement weather
- Four-way stretch fabric is lightweight, soft, and flexible
- Large back pockets for a map and a few snacks
- Angled zip offset at chin to reduce chafing
- Adjustable hood with one-handed cinch cord
- Item #KLA0017
- Q & A
stretchy and soft
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I've gotten the Vanadis shorts previously and decided to check the jacket version of it out. The windstretch fabric is something else: really soft yet windproof. It has a unique look that catches people's eyes. I've worn this in the city a lot, where rain isn't necessarily a problem but wind and the resulting cold from the wind is. Haven't tested this too much on the trail yet, but since it is so light, packing it on my next trip won't be a problem for me.
Very satisfied with it thus far!