Cosmic 20 Sleeping Bag: 20 Degree Down
True to its name, the Kelty Cosmic 20 Sleeping Bag loves being out under the stars. From campgrounds by the lake to weekend backpacking treks in the mountains, you've got three-season performance to keep you warm on chilly nights wherever you rest your head. It's filled with lightweight and packable 600-fill down that not only insulates well, but resists moisture to keep you warmer when things get a bit damp. Whether you're trekking through drizzly weather or surviving the damp cold, your down will stay dry for longer and keep its loft better when wet. Its thermal-comfort hood wraps your head in snug warmth on cool nights, a natural fit footbox ensures that your feet don't feel trapped or uncomfortable while you sleep, and a draft tube along the zipper ensures that the cold stays out.
- Versatile bag to keep you warm wherever chilly nights find you
- Hydrophobic down lofts well even in damp conditions
- Mummy design with hood wraps you in full-bodied warmth
- Draft tube along the zipper keeps the cold from getting in
- Included stuff sack lets you stuff it down small in your pack
- Electronics pocket keeps phones and headlamps close by as you sleep
- Item #KEL00AE
- [shell] 20D nylon, [lining] 50D polyester taffeta
- 600-fill DriDown
- dual-slider, locking
- Max User Height
- [small, regular] 6ft, [long] 6ft 6in
- Draft Tube
- 1 electronics
- European Norm Lower Limit Rating
- Stuff Sack
- Stuff Size
- [short] 7 x 15.5in, [regular] 8 x 15.5in, [long] 8 x 16.5in
- Claimed Weight
- [short] 2lb 5.5oz, [regular] 2lb 8oz, [long] 2lb 12oz
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, weekend camping
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?
September 11, 2019
Super warm and lightweight
- I've used it several times
Have used this now on various camping trips and it's super warm despite being so lightweight. It's definitely a winner in my books. The only issue is that the stuff sack provided does not compress the sleeping bag as small as it could be, not even close. So I bought a separate small stuff sack to make it more compact when camping and hiking.
September 18, 2019
Stef, I'm looking at getting this bag for backpacking. What size stuff sack did you get the back into? I like to carry a 50L pack and am hoping this bag will be small enough. Thanks!
June 28, 2019
Great for Utah camping.
This bag is perfect for Utah summer nights in the mountains. It’s warm, comfortable, and lightweight.
May 26, 2019
Roomy and sooo soft.
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Very comfortable, warm and roomy bag. I recently bought the Marmont 30 deg bag and felt confined / uncomfortable in it. The taper of the Cosmic bag is less agressive alowing more freedom of movement.
March 12, 2019
Kelty Cosmic Down Series review
An amazing update to this Best-Selling bag. It's lighter, softer, and more compressible than ever. All for a full down bag that is STILL well under $200.
David B. Hilton
October 22, 2020
It would be much more helpful if the Shoulder and Hip girth measurements were included in the Tech Specs. There really isn't a way to compare this bag to others without having to go offsite to research and then have to come back.
August 28, 2020
I am 5’7”. Would I fit in a short size sleeping bag?