Select style & size:Select options
Built to crush the descent and fly up the skintrack, the Kastle TX90 Ski employs a lightweight construction and Kastle's legendary downhill performance. While most companies will trim weight from a ski by eliminating sidewalls—which ultimately compromises the overall durability of the ski—Kastle kept the TX90 stout and sturdy by building the ski around full ABS sidewalls, but somehow managed to keep the weight down to just 5lb 11oz (2580g) in the 176cm option. This is mainly due to slimmed-down dimensions, a lightweight karuba wood core, and carbon fiber laminates that keep the ski stiff while shaving a few extra grams from the equation. Not to mention, Kastle's Hollowtech 2.0 shovel is even larger than before, saving weight while reducing chatter and vibration when you ski.
Putting versatility at the forefront of its design, the TX90 has a 90mm waist that remains nimble in tight chutes, edgy when conditions are firm, and will float the occasional boot-top powder when you luck out with a bit of fresh powder in the alpine. Kastle's Dual Rise Rocker profile eases turn initiation and helps reduce hooking as you come out of a turn, and camber underfoot gives that stable and secure feel you need when making hop turns and slow and controlled turns above no-fall zones. The Elliptical Radius geometry pushes the contact point back from the tip to ease turn initiation and adds an extra bit of float in deep snow.
- Lightweight touring skis with a powerful feel on the descent
- Versatile 90mm waist width handles variable backcountry conditions
- Early rise tip with traditional camber nails hardpack snow
- Stable and durable sandwich construction with full ABS sidewalls
- Lightweight Karuba wood core strengthened by carbon fiber laminates
- Hollowtech 2.0 shovel reduces chatter and vibrations
- Kastle employs some of the most advanced ski manufacturing techniques to produce its high-performance skis
- Item #KAS001F