A frontside dream.
Kastle isn't really known for making floppy skis that prefer to ease down the mountain the same way an old man slowly settles into a warm bath. Built to haul ass and leave a trail of cold smoke in its wake, the MX89 Ski remains true to Kastle's tradition of producing stiff boards that aggressive skiers will appreciate. Forgoing the use of chattery rocker and easy-flexing constructions, the MX89 sports a traditional camber profile that clings to hardpack and hooks up wide arcing turns down groomers.
The sandwich construction increases the durability of the ski and drives power to the edges, increasing to the overall stability and powerful nature of the ski. The silver fir wood core is a happy medium between lightweight and rigid, and it is layered between layers of titanal to increase torsional rigidity. Kastle incorporated its Hollowtech technology to the MX89 to reduce weight and eliminate vibrations by up to 15%, giving the ski a damp and stable feel when you're blasting through day-old chop off piste or icy groomers on those typical mid-season days.
- A frontside specialist built to ski on and off piste
- 89mm waist is nimble on groomers and handles off-piste conditions
- Traditional camber profile loves to carve wide arcing turns
- Sandwich construction with full ABS sidewalls add stability
- Titanal layers give the ski a stiff flex
- Hollowtech shovel eliminates chatter and reduces vibration
- Kastle designs and builds performance-driven skis from its home base in Austria
- Item #KAS000R