Why We Like The FX86 Ti Ski
The FX86 Ti Ski is one of Kastle's more versatile options for firmer snow and icier conditions. Stiff enough for all-mountain riding and light enough for backcountry touring, this all-around ski is choice whether we're taking a chairlift or earning our turns. When there are more moguls than powder, we rely on this ski's sharp edge control, low camber, and stiff triple wood core to help us maneuver and stay in control.
- All-mountain ski with freeride ambitions
- 86mm waist is skinny for nimble maneuverability on firmer snow
- Low camber creates sharp edge control for icier situations
- Triple wood core with titanal inlays and fiberglass laminates for stiffness
- Light enough for backcountry touring and tail accepts skin's tail clips
- Powerzone sandwich sidewall ensures torsional rigidity and durability
- Item #KASA00P
- 153cm, 161cm, 169cm, 177cm, 185cm
- 123 / 86 / 114mm
- Turn Radius
- [153cm] 10.6m, [161cm] 12.2m, [169cm] 13.9m, [177cm] 15.7m, [185cm] 17.6m
- rocker / camber / rocker
- poplar, paulownia, beech
- fiberglass, titanal
- Claimed Weight
- [153cm, single] 3lb 40z (1490g) [161cm, single] 3lb 7oz (1570g) [169cm, single] 3lb 10oz (1650g) [177cm, single] 3lb 12oz (1725g) [185cm, single] 3lb 15oz (1805g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
- all-mountain skiing
5 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
March 10, 2022
All Mountain Machete
- I've used it several times
- Size Bought:
- 5' 9"
Bought this ski 177cm length to complement my powder skis when the conditions start to firm up. I mounted a pair of Salomon Guardian 16 bindings to them. Used them 2 days in Alyeska, AK after a 3 inch (dust on crust day) & a 12 inch pow day. These skis are high quality material & come factory tuned. Pros -holds an edge well on firm conditions -turns quickly with a little effort -good stability/low chatter @ high speed (45-50 mph) -get more lively as you speed up-they want to go fast but can be dialed back if need Cons -gets a little swallowed up in deep pow (8+ inches) -handles moguls well (wants to knife through them instead of smear-if that?s your style)
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help