Prime X-Carbon Binding
The Prime-X Carbon Splitboad Binding is Karakoram's premiere binding for serious split boarders. It's the lightest Karakoram binding available, and its extreme stiffness assures the unforgiving, instantaneous response that professionals look for while dropping the steepest lines down the biggest mountains. Updates include a prepreg carbon highback for a lighter weight, a better-fitted heel cup for better power transfer, and a more open chassis that allows your splitboard to flex naturally.
Lending an incredibly supportive and powerful and featherweight feel to this binding is the aforementioned carbon highback, while adding to its ultra-responsive feel is Karakoram's Prime Interface, which ensures a completely solid feel underfoot without unnerving seam slop or chatter at high speeds. Its Solid Ride four-point attachment gives you increased stance options (-30 to 30 degrees) and improved ergonomics. Four wide, pre-loaded contact points direct energy to the edges for unmatched response and control when you're riding steep, high-consequence terrain.
Its Ride-Stride forward lean quickly toggles between Ride and Walk modes with a 1/4-turn of the forward lean adjuster. In Walk mode, the -8 degree forward lean elongates your stride to conserve energy on the long uphill skin. Ride mode delivers 0 to 22 degrees of forward lean for quick-turning response when you're charging steeps. Ditching traditional climbing wires for a two-height riser that deploys with the quick flick of your pole basket, the Flip-Speed Riser conquers mellow approaches and more demanding ascents alike. Engage the shorter riser on long, flatter approaches or flip up the taller riser during intimidating, steeper climbs. Additionally, there's a heel lock-down feature that's ideal for skating across long flats and side-stepping small hills.
- The lightest and most powerful split binding from Karakoram
- Carbon highback is insanely light and responsive
- Prime interface for superior up and down performance
- Quick and easy switch from tour to ride mode
- Open Binding chassis allows board to flex torsionally
- Solid Ride design eliminates slop in the seam
- Negative forward lean option for walking comfort
- Karakoram has revolutionized splitboard binding technology
- Item #KRME00Z
- carbon fiber
- Open Chassis, stainless steel, [heelcup] 7075-T6 aluminum
- Ankle Strap
- Toe Strap
- standard splitboard inserts, Karakoram PRIME Quiver-Connectors
- Tool-less Adjustment
- Recommended Use
- backcountry snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 year
What do you think about this product?