Wayback 96 Ski
K2's Wayback 96 Ski is designed to, well, take you way back into the backcountry so you can find some fresh, fun lines. Its 96 millimeter waist is just narrow enough to not weigh you down on the climbs, but versatile enough to plow through powder and crud alike. A rockered tip and tail further add to the ski's ability to get after it on the descents by keeping you on top when the going gets deep, and a snow-phobic topsheet ensures you won't be weighed down when it's time to get back on the skin track for another lap.
Weighing in at under seven pounds per pair, the Wayback obviously won't hold you back on the skin track, but K2 revamped the ski for this season to find the optimal blend of uphill efficiency without compromising downhill performance. This comes from a Titanal spine for better dampening and stability that you'd typically find in a resort-centric ski, while a lively paulownia core maintains the low weight and fun feel. Two sheets of fiberglass and carbon stringers sandwich the core and spine, adding stiffness to the ride for an enjoyable descent that'll have you slapping your skins on again and heading back up.
- Touring-specific ski for whatever lines you find in the backcountry
- Uphill-oriented 96mm waist is light but versatile in any conditions
- All-terrain rocker floats through soft snow with ease
- Paulownia core is lightweight and poppy
- Titanal spine increases dampening for a smooth descent
- Carbon and fiberglass add stiffness without compromising weight
- Snowphobic topsheet prevents the accumulation of snow
- Tip and tail grommets accommodate K2 skins
- Item #K2S00H2