The way back is the best part.
K2 built the Wayback out of a lightweight wood core composed of paulownia and maple to keep the ski's weight at a backcountry-friendly weight of nearly four pounds per plank. That's not exactly the lightest ski out there for backcountry, but that makes it all the better for the downhill, which is the best part after all. Carbon stringers stiffen up the ski's flex zones at the tip and tail to reduce chatter when you increase speed.
- Backcountry ski with plenty of oomph for the way back
- 104mm is undoubtedly a powder hovering vehicle
- All terrain rocker navigates deep snow on uphill and down
- Camber underfoot holds an edge on the occasional firm section
- Lightweight wood core paired with carbon stringers for stiffness
- Half cap construction includes durable sidewalls underfoot
- Item #K2S00DZ