Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Talkback 96 Ski
As the widest ski in K2's women's backcountry-specific ski lineup, the Talkback 96 Ski lives for dreamlike days of fluffy goodness, but can handle steep, technical lines with more supportive snow—all in a sub six-pound package that will have you zipping up the skintrack lap after lap.
K2 shaved some weight off the Talkback 96 this season, but without the expense of its downhill performance. A Titanal spine and carbon reinforcement keep this ski stiff and powerful, but without taking away from its nimbleness, while a paulownia wood core is to thank for its efficient weight on the climbs and the fun, poppy feel on the descent. Complete with a snow-shedding topsheet to ensure you aren't weighed down by five extra pounds of powder, you just might track out a whole backcountry bowl before you even feel tired.
- Crush the ups and shred the downs with this lightweight touring ski
- 96mm waist can navigate soft or variable snow with ease
- Rockered tip and tail deliver float in powder and a nimble feel
- Underfoot camber provides a reliable edge hold on firmer snow
- Titanal spine and carbon reinforcement add stiffness and stability
- Paulownia core is light on the skintrack and strong on the descent
- Hydrophobic topsheets don't hold onto snow while you're skinning
- Skin grommets keep climbing skins secure
- Item #K2S00HI