Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Talkback 88 Ski
As the middle child in K2's women's backcountry-specific ski lineup, the Talkback 88 Ski has the versatility to tackle long alpine missions or quick spring laps with equal zeal. Its narrower 88-millimeter waist won't weight you down on the skintrack, and, when paired with the rockered tip and tail, offers up just the right amount of flotation in softer snow. Since every backcountry adventure isn't always powder-filled, underfoot camber gives this ski a reliable edge hold on any firmer snow you may encounter.
K2 shaved some weight of the Talkback 88 this season, yet managed to maintain excellent downhill performance when it comes time to strip skins. A Titanal spine and carbon reinforcement is to thank for this ski's impressive power and stability, while the paulownia wood core is responsible for its efficiently light weight on steep ascents. K2 completed the Talkback with snow-shedding topsheets to ensure that you aren't weighted down by piles of powder as you head back up the skinner for lap four of the day.
- Lightweight touring ski to crush steep ascents and style steep lines
- 88mm waist for quick ascents and fun, nimble descents
- Rockered tip and tail add float in softer snow
- Underfoot camber reliably holds an edge on unexpected ice patches
- Titanal spine and carbon reinforcement delivers power and stability
- Paulownia wood core is efficient on ascents and strong on descents
- Hydrophobic topsheets dump snow when you're skinning
- Skin grommets help keep climbing skins securely in place
- Item #K2S00HJ