Ski like the legend himself.
It's probably not a bad thing when a ski is named after, and largely influenced by, one of the most legendary skiers of all time, and that's certainly the case with the K2 Coomback 104 Ski. In the world of backcountry skiing, few names evoke as much praise as that of Doug Coombs, so it should come as no surprise that this signature ski is perfectly fit to imitate Doug's signature style of skiing: big, aggressive lines located deep in the backcountry.
The 104mm waist width will let you float serenely down big powder lines, and the paulownia and maple woods core keeps things light and poppy so you can have fun on the way down. In order to give plenty of stability for a lightweight ski, K2 used a carbon weave system in conjunction with its Hybritech sidewalls, so you don't have to worry about blowing out an edge when you're four days into your yurt trip. In order to facilitate use as an anchor or an emergency sled, K2 gave this ski a flat tail that can easily be plunged into the snow as a sort of "extra-picket."
- Touring-specific ski designed for remote and committing lines
- Versatile 104mm waist handles variable backcountry conditions
- Early rise tip with traditional camber underfoot and flat tail
- Maple and paulownia wood core is light and stable
- Combines cap and sandwich construction for a smooth and stable feel
- Carbon web weaves strands of carbon for torsional rigidity
- Tapered tips deflect snow and allows for more control
- Tribute ski to the legendary and influential Doug Coombs
- Item #K2S00BA