Sail into the white room.
Set sail into a sea of powder with K2's Catamaran Skis on your feet—these are the planks you're packing when you head across the Pacific to get barreled in legendary Niseko pow. With a 120mm waist and a rockered profile, the Catamaran was made to float turns through chest-deep blower.
Essentially replacing the Pettitor, the Catamaran almost takes the cake for the fattest of K2's Factory Team Skis—second only to their McConkey-inspired beast of a ski, the Pon2oon. Inside the forebody and the tail of the Catamaran you'll find woven carbon stringers, creating a springy feel that will inspire you to pop off pillows and increase your airtime. The Double Barrel wood core is dense and durable over the edges for consistent edge grip, and less dense in the center core for reduced swing weight and increased dampness.
K2's Asymmetrical tip and tail design features an elongated taper on the outside edge with a longer inside edge, creating more stability and floatation in the deep stuff, and control and maneuverability through crud and hardpack. But don't get too caught up on hardpack, you'll be breaking these pow sticks out on days that are so endlessly deep, you'll start to wonder why these things don't come with a snorkel.
- Fat powder sticks for ultra-deep days
- 120mm waist was made for chest-deep pow
- Rockered profile offers dreamy flotation
- Asymmetrical tip and tail adds stability and control
- Wood core offers a lively, playful feel
- Braided carbon laminates increases torsional stiffness
- Sidewalls maintain edge grip in case you end up on hardpack
- Item #K2S00DU